Tuesday, January 04, 2005

How Could Poetry Keep One Staid?

Posted by Hello

WHAT TRUTH IS THERE IN LOVE?


What truth is there in love…
if loving means to harness my sight from gazing at you?
Would I understand what love could have meant
if in the end I would lose the cause for my belief?

Frustration may have marred your will
to persistently accept what I offer,
but guilt has overwhelmed my soul severely
knowing I can never gratify your anticipation.

Despite, I reassure you of my perpetual love –
a love that will neither wither nor be soaked in forgetfulness
for what right do I have to forget you?
I will be eternally grateful, though,
that your presence has embedded my being.
Even if confusion has smitten my sanity,
I distraught any attempts to quell your memory from my mind.

Undeniably, you became a mere passing season in my life –
a sunrise that has to set in the light-eased horizon…
a full moon that has to go into hiding in the sun-lit sky…
a delightful summer that has to be subsumed by the commencing autumn.

And like the season that I never owned,
I sit in tears, loving what I can never have and hold.
Yet, one hope I have deep in my heart –
after that autumn, winter, and spring cradle my pain
another summer would come along,
and maybe, just maybe….
I can hold you once again.

-iandih

copyright 2003.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not be afraid of leaving...be afraid of losing...

Anonymous said...

This is something that touches not just the heart but the soul. Thanks Ian for helping me out when this was happening to me. Irony of it all, Im letting it happen again. Life.

Anonymous said...

wow, now i realize i don't know much about you anymore...is she someone i know? wala lang gusto ko lang kumalap ng tsismis,hehe. well written iandih.

eThrrIa said...

If words are woven so beautifully as these, they make one appreciate the thoughts behind, and even more, to share the feeling that somehow exudes from it...niceness Mr. Makata =)