Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Sonnet of Delusion



To someone who kept my sanity intact...

I made you my god, the locus that kept me sane,
I exerted a thousand soupcons of effort just to cling on a hope that will vanish my pain,
Knowing you compelled me to live life on the track you deemed right,
I offered a best that even I cannot live to comprehend or fight,
I wanted to hold you in eternity, never to give you up despite frustrations,
I desired to keep you guarded in my palms that only spelled love unconditional in desperation,
I revered acceptance despite the fact that you were imparting love to another,
I just can't stop but make you realize how overwhelming the love I want to render.
Yet, my lips were feigned by a fear entrenched from evanescence,
My eyes were blurred by a primeval vision you have implied,
My hands were cuffed by an indifference I cannot surmount,
My heart was injected by a vicious venom that killed my will to posit a love inclined.
Now, I silently stand, gazing at your face I have longed to embrace,
I remain blind even if my intentions seek out a path to protrude out the phase,
I want to tell you, it was not my plan to vex you, but please you instead,
I long to let you know that I have loved you not because of what you are, but who you are to me...
... now I dread.

Iandih Lorenzo
Copyright.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you so much

Anonymous said...

....till we meet again.....

Anonymous said...

im so in love with you...Marry me???

Anonymous said...

sometimes, you have to learn how to let go and eventually move on. you cannot grow if you are holding on to something with "bleak imaginings"... ah, love.. at times, it deprives you to be rational because you are enchained by its hypnotistic ways...
Ian, i adore how you express your thoughts and feelings.. very deep..
let go.. let live.. to you, the love you know is the world to you. is it known?? i doubt.. it may even be unrequitted..
am here po.. take care.. keep in touch

Anonymous said...

sometimes, you have to learn how to let go and eventually move on. you cannot grow if you are holding on to something with "bleak imaginings"... ah, love.. at times, it deprives you to be rational because you are enchained by its hypnotistic ways...
Ian, i adore how you express your thoughts and feelings.. very deep..
let go.. let live.. to you, the love you know is the world to you. is it known?? i doubt.. it may even be unrequitted..
am here po.. take care.. keep in touch

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't claim to know you because in reality, I don't. Honestly, you are a mere glimpse to me here..But still, my soul has been soothed by your words and for this, I want to thank you. It pleases me to know that the hell has not claimed souls such as yourself.

Anyway, loving is a complex thing. I wish it was black and white but it is hues of purples and reds and greens that can cure or crush a spirit. But it is the magic of love itself. In reality, we would not be who we are, nor would we have the sparkle in our eyes without these hues. Sorry, I couldn't make this more complex. I must confess, I don't have the depth nor the experience especially with this topic.

I am also a Neruda fan, by the way.:) Thank you for letting me read your blog and know a little bit about you. Eventhough this blog will never encompass the man you are, still, I am more that honored to have a glimpse of your personality.

Anonymous said...

wow,you still have it iandih...the love for poetry and expression..you still got the words.ako,i unlearned poetry since 1999.tagal na no? pero ewan,nawala e.