Friday, April 24, 2009

On Going Solo

I wasnt feeling well today. I spent most of my time sleeping and watching DVDs.

It is cool living alone. You get to have your own space...your own privacy... but why is it that sometimes you still long to be with someone? I guess human beings are indeed social beings by nature -- social animals as what one philosopher said.

At the end of the day, you still long to find someone at home waiting for you. Someone to cook for. Someone to chat with. Someone to embrace. Someone to comfort and be comforted by. Someone to snuggle with in bed. Someone to have coffee with. Someone to kiss. Someone to love. Someone to live for.

There's just so many things that impede this yearning. But I am optimistic that life has greater things to offer.

I will wait.

With enthusiasm unfailing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian!! We were housemates before remember? lol. i do love living alone :) ... I agree sometimes you look for someone to talk to, but I just got used to it that I am not even bothered at all. BTW visit this site: H@ppy feet I run with them when I am in Manila, a group runs in Ultra, they are social runners and you do not need to worry how novice you are that's why they are called "happy" we run for fun :)

iandih said...

I know! We were housemates but we never get to see each other because of our shifts! LOL. But yes, I guess it's just a matter of getting used to. it's just that when you get sick you want someone to take care of you! haha.

I'll try and see if I can sign up with H@ppy feet. Sounds exciting! :)