Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happiness??!!!

'Happiness is not how much you have, but how little you complain.' --- this is what I have been reminding myself lately. I guess there's just too much angst in this world that i sometimes fall into the pit of learned helplessness...where instead of picking up the pieces, I instead dwell in the misery of the moment and vent my frustration out.

Some say it is good to vent out...but what I have realized lately is that it's otherwise. I actually lose my strength venting out and complaining about things that already happened and things I cannot change. I end up unraveling my thoughts and emotions too much to the point that I already lose them altogether. And that's when I realize I am in a losing battle. So what should I do?

I dont know.

Perhaps I can keep my complaints to myself...but then my angst might kill my spirit. Perhaps I can complain a little but not too much...but then that would just unsettle all of the hidden issues I have. So what should I do?

I guess I know the answer to that question. I'm just not paying attention. I guess life would be better lived if I stay positive and strong. Life is a matter of perspectives. The more you think and act positively, the better life you get to live. I have yet to prove that. Have I?

Definitely not.

I am still a work in progress. But a living testimony to the fact that pessimism kills the heart and lays aside all of the important things that matter to life and human relations.

Do i get to live this now? Not yet.

But I am trying.

And I am trying really hard.


I will. Remain.

No longer trying.

Instead. Taking a stand.


With hands clasped. With passion unfathomable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find happiness soon! keep being positive and u'll invite not just happiness but all good things in life. (I recommend you to read the book - The Secret)

iandih said...

Indeed, Chaia...you are definitely right.

I have already read the book and have also watched the documentary. I guess it's just with life application that sometimes I falter. But I am learning. Slowly. I am getting there! :)

Anonymous said...

That's it Ian, what's important is you do something bout it rather than always whinging. No one holds are happiness but US. God will not give you happiness if you do not look for it :).